Philosophy

Tibetan Buddhism:

 Dalai Lama:




“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
“Silence is sometimes the best answer”
“Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.”
“Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.”
“Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.”
“Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness”
“We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.”
“When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.”
“Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend – or a meaningful day.”
“It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.”
“Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.”
“I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.”
“The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual’s own reason and critical analysis.”
“Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace.”
“With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.”`
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”


3972515623_3ab2aebd35 zedzap