Philosophy

Cultivating Creativity In 2012 | Fast Horse

Cultivating Creativity In 2012 | Fast Horse

Cultivating Creativity In 2012

email

The first few days of 2012 are a great time to reflect on the past and organize for the future. This year, rather than make a list of resolutions (because I’m terrible about following them), I’ve been attempting to change my perspective, one small experience at a time. As a designer one of the best ways for me to do this is take stock of my creativity.

Creativity, as you may already know, is a finite resource. It needs to be cultivated constantly in order to be able to tap into it when you really need it. For instance, here at Fast Horse, if we sit in the same spot two days in a row, we have to pay a fine to the fine jar. While this is mostly tongue in cheek (I think, anyway), I have a sneaking suspicion this is an exercise in creative thinking. After all, getting a new idea can sometimes be as simple as changing your physical viewpoint.