Philosophy

Perfectionist? Here Are Some Meditation Tips For You!

Perfectionist? Here Are Some Meditation Tips For You!

 If you're a perfectionist and have tried meditation, your internal dialogue may have gone something like this:
"Oh, yeah. I can do this. In fact, I want to be really good at this meditation thing from the very first time....Okay, stop thinking, and just totally clear my mind....Wow, I'm doing great! Oh, wait, now I'm thinking again...Darn, I messed it up!....Just stop thinking, and clear my mind....Oh, now I'm thinking again....Why aren't I better at this?--No, don't beat myself up, that's just making it worse.... ... ....Oh, yes! Now I'm---wait! Now I've messed it up again! I just can't seem to get this...And my To Do list is really long...I should go work on that stuff..."
If this sounds at all familiar, it's okay. This doesn't mean that you're 'bad' at meditation, just that you may need practice approaching meditation in a different way. Because meditation carries so many benefits, it would be a shame to give up on the practice before really giving yourself a chance with it! Here are some meditation tips for perfectionists to help you start fresh and really gain the benefits of meditation.
More Meditation and Perfectionism Resources From Elizabeth Scott:


  • Quiz: Are You A Perfectionist?


  • Benefits of Meditation